Old Rappahannock and Essex Counties, Virginia, Index to Marriages.
By: Eva Wilkerson, Pub. 1953, Reprinted 1998, 256 pages, Index, Hard Cover, ISBN #0-89308-588-X.
Old Rappahannock County was organized in 1656 and embraced lands on both sides of the Rappahannock River. It was formerly a part of Lancaster County which was organized in 1652. In April of 1692, Old Rappahannock County was divided into two distinct counties, the North side of the river became Richmond County and the South side of the river was called Essex County at which this time it became extinct. "Old" Rappahannock County coincided with church territory of Farnham Parish which was established in 1654. The information in this book was derived from Marriage Bonds, Marriage Registers, and inferential marriage proofs from Wills, Deeds, and Order Books. These marriage records cover the time frame of 1655 through 1900, of which there are approximately 10,000 persons being mentioned. The information contained in this volume is listed alphabetically by groom but it also lists the bride’s name, parents or guardians, date of marriage, and source of marriage information.